How good are banana muffins? Especially straight from the oven! We found this flourless, dairy-free version on Pinterest, and they were super easy to make. Here's the link to the original recipe (we made a few small alterations). Our version of the recipe below...
Flourless Banana Muffins Recipe
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (i.e. the stuff made from only peanuts!)
- 2 ripe medium/large bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Optional - Coconut sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and prepare a muffin pan by greasing or lining 9 cavities. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Sprinkle a little coconut sugar on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.