We all love popcorn as a savoury snack, but have probably never thought to use it in a sweet treat! With a few popcorn bar recipes floating around at the moment, we decided to try one for ourselves.
Healthy Chocolate Popcorn Bar Recipe
- 2 Cups Popped & Cooled Popcorn
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Cup Dates
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Goji Berries
- Pinch of Salt
- Melt the coconut oil if not already a liquid, and process with dates and cacao in a food processor until it forms a paste.
- Stir chocolate mixture through the rest of the dry ingredients until well mixed (it's ok if the popcorn breaks up).
- Press into a baking paper lined container and put in the fridge to set.
- Once set, slice into bars and keep in the fridge.
You can really customise this recipe to suit you, for example adding different types of dried fruit or chopped nuts. If you add a lot more dry ingredients, just increase the proportion of wet ingredients to suit!